Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Trip to Mexico

After a long period of contemplation about whether or not I could justify traveling to Mexico to support Carlos and Sage at this time, I have just finalized plans for a 10-day trip.  I am excited to see my brother, and both elated and nervous about the prospect of seeing my nephew once again under the visitation conditions that currently stand.  Having a family of my own at home, I admit this was a difficult decision for me to make, as finances are stretched, I will miss my own children, and I can't completely shake the concerns I have regarding personal safety while traveling in Mexico.  I have done lots of research, and truly do feel that as long as I plan ahead and use common sense during my trip all will be okay, but as we know all too well here, knowing that we are one of the primary caretakers of young children can make things that wouldn't ordinarily, seem scary.  So, keep us in your thoughts for a productive and safe visit (with maybe a little bit of fun and culture sprinkled on top?!).  At this point, I don't really know what to expect as far as how often I'll be able to update in Mexico; I may be completely bored and update the heck out of the blog just to maintain sanity, or I may be so busy I don't post a single thing until I'm back home....hopefully, it will be somewhere in between ;)
Either way, things should start happening again now that the courts are re-opened.  It's been a long hiatus it seems, and during the court's break, Ana did not show up for a single scheduled visit with Carlos.  I talked to him on the phone just yesterday, and I could tell that he's in need of a bit of a morale boost...hopefully a visit will help! 

Next time I post, I will either be in, or have been in, Mexico...hasta luego!!
--Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment