Saturday, December 15, 2012

Merry Christmas, dear Sage

As another Christmas approaches, it is another one that our family considers what it would be like to have Sage home with us.  Now 5 1/2 years old, I can only imagine how excited he must get as the holiday approaches, and how much fun he would have playing here with his cousins, all of who know of him, but of who he, in return, is criminally unaware.  This year, I have found another small way to keep him involved in the festivities, despite his absence, because despite the slight lift in spirits his daddy might experience with the opportunity to spend some time with family, he remains constantly and acutely aware that the one person he would most like to spend Christmas with is the one person he can't...his little boy.  So for Carlos' gift this year, I decided to utilize my newfound skill and love of quilting.  I worked hard to finish this one quickly so I could give it to him at Christmas, and it's not perfect, but it was inspired by both my love for my brother, his comments in the smoky mountains that my daughter's was "pretty awesome," after sleeping with it, and mostly, by my everlasting hope that we will one day, hopefully soon, be reunited with our sweet, sweet Sage.  The color, primarily Sage green, was chosen by my brother.  I added some photo fabric with pictures of Sage that look appropriately worn after washing.....difficult to see in photographs, but still so special.

I hope that one day I will be able to make one for Sage to enjoy as well.  Until then, Merry Christmas, Sage, my dear, dear nephew.  We love you so much.






Below are the images of Sage embedded in the quilt (black and white):





 And this one...to remind Carlos always who made this for him ;)


Here are a few pictures just for you Sage:

Two of your cousins at Santa's Christmas tree farm :)


Our Christmas tree!


The BIG black bear that your daddy and I saw in the Smoky Mountains

2 comments:

  1. Anyone who has a child that they love more than life, as Sage's Daddy has since the day he was born can imagine the pain he has felt everyday since he was taken away. He only lives for the time that he will come home. Sage is a citizen of the U.S. and will always have a home here. I know that his Mexican family love him but that is only i/2 of the love he is entitled to. We all think of him every single day. I love you Sage. Grandma Diane

    Cualquier persona que tiene un hijo que amo más que la vida, como Daddy Sage ha hecho desde el día que nació puedo imaginar el dolor que ha sentido todos los días desde que se lo llevaron. Sólo vive para el momento en que va a volver a casa. Sage es un ciudadano de los EE.UU. y siempre tendrá un hogar aquí. Sé que su familia mexicana le encanta, pero eso es sólo i / 2 del amor que tiene derecho. Todos pensamos de él todos los días. Te quiero Sage. Diane Abeula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonia, I found the blog through Bring Sean Home. I met Carlos through there a couple years ago. My daughter Samantha was abducted by her mother and is in Tijuana since our ordeal started November 2008. You can read about our situation here: WendySamanthaCoronelTenorio.org. Any chance you would be able to put us in touch directly when he returns? I have some information that would be of interest to him. I will connect with your effort on Google+.

    On another note, I found out recently that Samantha's mother is actually following Carlos on Twitter. Her Twitter handle is @NuSkin_beauty. Crazy comes with the territory in Mexico...I don't have to tell you that.

    My direct email is brian (at) hangtenventures dot com.

    Thank you ahead of time for your help.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete